About Us

Located in downtown Columbia, Tennessee, Fleming, Flynn & Murphy has served the citizens of Maury County and surrounding counties for more than 40 years. The firm currently has six attorneys that provide a wide range of legal services. We have a combined experience in law of over 100 years, providing legal service in both State and Federal courts in Middle Tennessee.

William Fleming and Robin Courtney co-founded Courtney & Fleming in 1973. Fleming is a fifth-generation lawyer in Maury County. Patrick Flynn joined the firm in 1985 and Daniel Murphy joined in 1992. Below is a chronology of the firm’s partners and name changes:

FF&M Timeline

  • 1973: Firm opens as Courtney & Fleming
  • 1981: Bobby Holloway joins as partner; firm renamed Courtney, Fleming & Holloway
  • 1985: Patrick Flynn joins as associate
  • 1987: Patrick Flynn becomes partner; firm renamed Courtney, Fleming, Holloway & Flynn; CFH&F moves to current location on 8th Street in Columbia
  • 1989: Robin Courtney leaves; firm renamed Fleming, Holloway & Flynn
  • 1992: Daniel Murphy joins as associate
  • 1996: Bobby Sands joins as partner; firm renamed Fleming, Holloway, Flynn & Sands
  • 1998: Bobby Holloway leaves firm after being appointed a Circuit Court judge
  • 2000: Daniel Murphy becomes partner
  • 2001: Michael Cox joins as associate
  • 2004: Bobby Sands leaves after being appointed a General Sessions judge; Daniel Murphy becomes a partner; firm renamed Fleming, Flynn & Murphy
  • 2004: Jennifer Fleming Franks joins as associate
  • 2007: Seth Laseter joins as associate
  • 2012: Michael Cox becomes partner
  • 2013: Jennifer Fleming Franks becomes partner; FF&M celebrates 40th anniversary

FF&M moved into its current downtown location in 1987. The Victorian house is known in Columbia as the Rosenthal Home, first constructed in 1892 by J. Rosenthal, who owned a merchant shop on the downtown square. The house was worth $10,000, according to a March, 1893 article in the Columbia Herald. Courtney, Fleming, Holloway & Flynn restored the interior and exterior of the building in keeping with its historical background.